For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. In the case of these guitars, this combined with the pickups, pretty much makes up the whole sonic signature of the instrument. 1979 Frets: 84. It has coil splitting and gets stratty. My Suhr Modern Pro has HSH pickups, and yet I get beautiful stratty tones from the neck (with coil splitting). Still, I could feel the difference just not a thousand miles off. check out the FAQ by clicking the Suhr Modern vs Ibanez AZ - Detailed Comparison - The Gear Page Radius: Radius of the fingerboard. Deoxit usually works magic. As somebody who owns Ibanezes from many decadesI am not surprised by this at all. Ibanez RG420HPFM ; GRASS ROOTS G-I-48LP-iv ; PRS Singlecut 10top 2002 ; fernandes sustainer ; Fender Japan TEXAS [da] Ibanez S5470 SOL With that said, I think Suhr has caused a couple companies, like Ibanez and Fender, to up their game. Comparing Suhr's Modern line vs the new Ibanez AZ models isn't a particularly fair comparison, in that you have to decide whether country of manufacture matters to you. I might buy one again if used prices go down again. Knob placement might also be something to consider, though its also one of the easiest things to modify. Mar 27, 2019. The craftsmanship is also incredibly high all round. Designed to Inspire, all Ibanez Premium series are manufactured with select tone woods, high-profile electronics, hardware and dedicated skills of craftsmanship and care in details for your musical journey. The best place to start if you're new is right below in our "Rules" section. I used to have an RG in pearl white. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Going to test them next weekend but looking forward to hearing your thoughts I have you have tried them before or have had the same dilemma. https://www.reddit.com/r/Guitar/comments/8gwnnl/gear_discussion_ibanez_az_hss/?utm_source=reddit-android. It will not. Design: the Ultra looks like a Strat! I will consider an Ultra or other American model in the future (maybe). Ive also had good experiences buying low-end Jay Tursers for friends and family. Youre just looking for that mass. Second and most importantly, the Suhr isnt your guitar. Fender Ultra Stratocaster vs Ibanez AZ - opinion Ibanez have expanded their lineup this year with a new series called the AZ line! On the Tom Quayle, I used 4 out of 10 positions. Jan 25, 2021. Dirtier and higher gain tones felt more compressed. Ibanez also build great guitars. #3 Solidbody Electric Guitar with Alder Body, Maple Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard, 1 Humbucking Pickup, 2 Single-coil Pickups, dyna-MIX9 System, and Gotoh Tremolo - Prussian Blue Metallic. Just because I've found the Suhr the most consistently amazing and satisfying to own and play. select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. AJ Kinda dig the 5120 - maple board and flip flop paint instant cyberpunk. Now, I wouldnt buy a toaster unless it had a pull-out tray for dumping the crumbs, and not all of them do, but thats about the only dealbreaker I can think of, apart from it being literally defective. For me, medium-jumbo is about as small as I can comfortably play. EDIT: just saw that you wan't a strat-y lookign guitar, so that's out of the question. Thank you, I am a bit of a spec guy so it makes senses to compare them, although the ultimate test will be whether I get the mojo or not with them. My only complaint about it was that the neck was too thin for my taste, but it's a matter of preference - some people prefer thinner necks. -Ibanez AZ necks are .80-.88. Dont worry about resale. Ibanez's full-fat AZ series is one of Ibanez's most popular new models, thanks to its slick looks, versatility and fantastic playability. But way more different than I thought. Hey folks, I just wanted to give a comparison rundown between these two guitars. 2023: The Year Epiphone Became Unaffordable, Don't store picks in zip bags for too long. Ibanez AZ Suhr__bilibili So they're not going to hold artists like the mainstream production companies that pay out for artists, which is exactly what Suhr wants. The Suhr belongs to my roommate. I didnt try the real HSS ultra but based on the SSS and AP2 HSS. GS Fanatic, a fggetlen hangszerportl | elad hasznlt hangszer s j AZS2209H. IBANEZ AZS!. Which, I like strats. $ 2,599 .99. If it were me, Id get a Squier and replace the nut and (if necessary) the pickups. Suhr's going after a different clientele. If this isnt a guitar you could see yourself playing for the next ten to twenty years, then dont buy it. By continuing to use our site you consent to use our cookies. John C said: The Fiore is $2,450; depending on the finish the EB Cutlass will be $50 less or $50 more so it's a wash with that. Vsrls: Catalinbread Effekt pedl rak, elad Catalinbread Effekt pedlok. That Fender, meanwhile, is just an upgraded, modified Strat. All times are GMT-7. Im being extremely picky here - these are good pickups, but Im trying to critique it as an extremely expensive guitar. Nice write up. The tone, too, but that was probably due to pickups and wood. Its either middle and neck or middle and bridge and havent noticed any volume drop. Anyway, all of this was just to say that I feel bad that Suhr has lost quite a few prominent players considering that they're basically directly responsible for a hugely popular style of superstrat in the current guitar scenes. To each his own I suppose. Players, Bands, Sounds, Tours, Lessons & Theory! Anyone have experience with Ibanez AZ series? That being said, Suhr also sells $7,000+ instruments that unless you're buying it as an art piece doesn't make sense to me. I think heel joint concerns sometimes get blown out of proportion, but if its something that matters to you, youll probably like the Ibanez better. Plugged into our clean Suhr Badger, we select the neck position to find that it packs a pleasing punch. Having played both and owned the Ibanez premium 224 I would say the Ibanez felt a little nicer than the Schecter. [Question] ibanez az vs fender : r/Guitar - reddit.com The Ibanez craftsmanship in Japan is very good. Totally different concept and tonal options that do not overlap as much as I expected with Fender. Ibanez AZ or no - Ibanez JEM Forum One thing to remember is that because necks are 'hand-finished' they can vary from guitar to guitar. a1b2t . Finally, eh? - Suhr - Chavel - Ibanez - IBANEZ AZ .. Japan (Prestige) 8X,XXX Indo (Premium) 4x,xxx In some way, these are all Fender-style guitars. Its another example of the law of diminishing returns/marginal gains. JavaScript is disabled. Something to note too is that remember, endorsements are primarily about cash for the, I'm quite sure Mr. Suhr doent give a fluff, Granted, it is always kind of a bummer to see someone's "thing" get copied and mass produced, but it's kind of inevitable. Daniel Defense firearms, parts and accessories, https://www.kieselguitars.com/catalog/guitars/t6, Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models. The bridge pickup is unbelievably hot. Never get tired of comparing these 2 of my favorite brands. With the release of the stripped-back AZ Ibanez Essentials range, has Ibanez created the ultimate beginner's guitar? Lovin' my HSS Ultra with rosewood neck. GS Fanatic, a fggetlen hangszerportl | elad hasznlt hangszer s j The AZs 305mm comes out to about 12", flatter than the standard modern Strat 10", but rounder than the Fenders multi-radius 10-14". i don't feel too bad for them, i'm sure their bank acct has several more commas than mine so they must be doing something right. Suhr ClassicIbanez AZNFender MB 60s, 29327 178 876 392 206 106, , "" Ibanez AZ vs Schecter Nick Johnston?? - theFretBoard This page was generated at 03:03 AM. If you're using a bar like than stick with double lockers. I agree with your friends. Feeling kinda bad for Suhr | SevenString.org Potential re-sale value: Probably Fender still commands a following and will be easier to sell in the second-hand market. I was just playing my ibanez js2450 and Suhr modern satin. But for me, I wouldnt be willing to pay triple the price over that sort of thing. To start viewing messages, You are using an out of date browser. Even the neck profile, negligible differences. This is so true and reinforced after actually trying them. To each his own I suppose. ), Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled, Fender Ultra Stratocaster vs Ibanez AZ - opinion. I had a Charvel DK24 on my hit list, too, as a high-quality more affordable 24-fret guitar. My first love was a Strat, Ive owned that guitar for coming up on 24 years, have modded the hell out of it, and love that guitar to pieces. One is the '97 American Standard I bought new more than two decades ago and will go to the grave with me. Both have dual radii. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy. I had an RG3120 many years ago, it was a fine guitar. I can tell the difference between a USD$300 Strat and a USD$1500 Strat, but those differences generally wont make a difference to how well Ill be able to play on it, or how much Ill enjoy it (with the exception of whether I specifically hate the pickups on a cheap guitar, but I can do a full pickup replacement that will suit my taste for max of about $300 if I have to). For what its worth, I can only speak to how these guitars act in my experience as primarily a fusion and jazz-rock player. However, AZ Essentials are also equipped with . Can we see a pic of your suhr you speak so highly of? May 9, 2014. The craftsmanship on those instruments are amazing, the quality control is superb, and the versatility in the pups is like magic. Now, I am not so sure. Battle of the HSS Super Strats! Ibanez AZ vs Fender Ultra DESCRIPTION. Rimo BlogIbanez! Ibanez - way more compressed (higher output). AZES | PRODUCTS | Ibanez guitars That half an inch Scale length difference (25.5" on Suhr, 25" on PRS . Id pay attention to this while comparing the two. Suhr Modern Custom Guitar Review: Ibanez AZ, I Am Your Father. If you're using a bar lime Timmons would, then you'll find it will perform to that level well. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. But overall, I felt both were excellent, with a slight but minimal edge for the AZ. The Ibanez AZ is basically their take on a Suhr Modern, and isn't really their traditional RG style superstrat. I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass! The middle and bridge SS on the SSS model are different to the HSS pickups, so its not even the same sound. This requires a little explanation. And, Ive moved on a bit since, but I was an Ibanez player almost exclusively for more than a decade. It doesn't raise as high in pitch as an Edge, sure, but it shocks me how it stays in tune every time. Being used to a C-type neck, I wasnt too bothered about the Ultra, which felt more modern (modern D they call it), and the chamfered access made it easier to play than my Player with the block in the way. Solidbody Electric Guitar with African Mahogany Body, Flamed Maple Top, Roasted Maple Neck and Fingerboard, and 2 Humbucking Pickups - Transparent Aqua Blue. The Ibanez AZ is basically their take on a Suhr Modern, and isnt really their traditional RG style superstrat. Welcome to r/guitar, a community devoted to the exchange of guitar related information. 2.9 178. Both guitars play like a dream. I honestly don't think my issue is a fret issue as much as a possible neck pocket issue. Suhr ClassicIbanez AZNFender MB 60s__bilibili Super short answer to what is not overpriced in my view? Well, I think solid body guitars are overpriced in general, but you can often find differences that I could find justifiable up to around USD$700. Online boltok, akcik egy helyen az rukeres rsszehasonlt oldalon. Was the ibanez more compressed acoustically, when you strummed the two unplugged, or was it as resonant unplugged but the pickups were making it more compressed? Yea but isn't everything you've said also applies to the AZ prestige? Two suggestions, though, if you want to open your mind to someting else - one more expensive one less. That's probably the most commonly used bridge pickup for Suhr. Radius : 430mmR. They are here to help. 1559 2. I could just grab the Ibanez and mod my MIM strat (notwithstanding access to higher frets and radius), or save to then buy the Ultra in the future (and have both haha! Cool and vintage, but the Ibanez AZ looks a bit more boutique? For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. That Fender, meanwhile, is just an upgraded, modified Strat. Its really the lax labour laws and wages in the countries used that allow the lower retail price. Great, youre good to go. AZES. JavaScript is disabled. It may not display this or other websites correctly. GS Fanatic, a fggetlen hangszerportl | elad hasznlt hangszer s j "KeiproFender!"- Keipro 2020 KS150/ Fender Player Strat We have to accept (for better and worse) that the guitar market is a mass market for consumers and the downsides are clear. I still haven't tried any of them and in order to do so I would have to pay a deposit for the store to get them in, so any info would be helpful. Inner-shredder feeling: both guitars are perfectly valid for shredding/fast playing IMHO. I think this was a dealer specd model and they mismatched the pickup output very hard. IMO you should go with the Prestige AZ but that's me. Even if it doesnt say so. Main issue with buying a guitar made in China, Indonesia, or South Korea is if you have moral concerns about the working conditions in the factories. Ibanez Prestige AZ2204N Electric Guitar - Prussian Blue Metallic It may not display this or other websites correctly. Heres an example of the kind of music I play for reference (Im on the Kiesel strat here). c: Thickness of the neck at the first fret. Don't let anyone else talk you out of what you want. Fender Epiphone Les Paul Gibson Ibanez Dob Zongora Heged . I keep thinking about swapping out the bridge humbucker for something a little more conventional. I just bought the AZS version so I could have a tele with the same feel. 94.900 Ft 109.900 Ft Ibanez B1000PG-JB Paul Gilbert heavy penget [.] A bit disappointing considering the price tag, but probably something I can live with. I have a Prestige HSS AZ and a Fender Elite strat. What do you think about this? Ive seen Bullets and Affinitys that shouldnt have been allowed to leave the factory (usually due to neck pocket problems, or incorrect bridge placement), but nowadays those are the exception rather than the norm.
How Much Do Usl League One Players Make, Dunn County News Police Beat, Tim Norman * New Baby, Is Naruto Shippuden Storm 4 Crossplay, Articles I