I hate to see this show ruined. No Craig=No more following Dr Blakes Mysteries!!! Another is that the producers initially cast an actor of the calibre of Garner, who's widely regarded with admiration and affection, and is strong enough to rebuild around. It doesnt seem like anything has gone forward for this accusation towards him. If the Accused can be named then so should the Accuser be named, it would put an end to all the sham accusers. In April 2018, Seven Network made another announcement that they would create a sixth season, comprising a series of sequel telemovies, including most of the cast members, excluding Craig McLachlan and his character. We're proud to support this new direction.". October 1, 2022 by Thomas. The people ridiculously firing Craig are probably doing so as a cover for their own misbehavior. [Edited under Mumbrellas comment moderation policy]. By Maddy Casale Updated: Feb 5, 2023 1406 Shares. He then returns to Ballarat as the charges laid were overturned because they were proven to be both false and fabricated. Tom Harrington, a senior TV analyst at Enders who co-wrote the report , said despite being an episodic drama aired in the afternoon, the rate at which viewers continued watching Doctor Blake proved its quality compared with primetime dramas with much bigger budgets. Back in my dating days, if a young fellow got out of hand, a good slap would put him in his place. It wont last. Because of the fans and Craig McLachlans tireless efforts, the show found a new home at Channel 7. The majority of thinking humans view the metoo movement has having gone off the rails by attacking with unproven allegations. Bottom line, the new show sucks. Hayes felt uncomfortable and a number of further takes were required to complete the scene as a result of McLachlan's conduct. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Portrait of Craig McLachlan. Who is going to watch the show Craig himself has been nominated for his wonderful and moving portrayal of Lucien Blake. Iam not watching anymore, to accuse someone with no proof and let them go thanks but no thanks. Now that Craig McLachlan has been cleared, I hope he returns to the tv show. At the time when it was all hitting the fan, in February, I was doing a little theatre piece and talking to journalists, and everyone was asking me about Blake, she says. Disgusting decision, especially as investigation found no evidence of misconduct. The new, 90-minute telemovie will be set three years after the events of season five. He makes that show great and the other actors look good cause of him. You can have a show where two people finally get married then you jump 3 years and start without the Main Star. I will vote against this decision by never watching your production again until Craig McLachlan returns. I am thirty minutes into The Blake Mysteries and I am contemplating shutting it off. He a great actor! Little Boy Blue. If we dont watch the telemovie the show WILL be cancelled due to low ratings! The show will not be the same without him. Dr Blake is the best character and no one but Craig McLachlan can play it. Bring back this stellar series that Australia should be very proud of. If there is no evidence, what are you thinking. God forbid she complains about a man she must be insecure desperate or a liar you know thats the problem with your country you say your all about womens rights & equality but your still a country who slut shames women into silence especially working women in powerful positions cause no women can get ahead of a man without giving head! "There is no doubt audience demand for this Australian story remains. Murdoch suspects Hart is hiding information about her dead father. Please dont let their efforts go to waste. I tried watching the series 6, I noticed that in the episodes I watched he wasnt dead, just missing.. Who convinced the women after three years they had been assaulted? Season 16. Although I love all the other cast members, especially Nadine Garner, I wonder if the show will keep its high viewership without Dr. Blake. I dont think I will be watching the new series without him. Bring Craig back he made the show. If such an episode was written and rated well, that would bring Craigs career back on track and send a big f#%k you to the Me Tooers., Ditto. How can this series continue? Garner has previously defended her Doctor Blake Mysteries co-star, describing the on set atmosphere as the most joyous time Ive ever had on a film set during an appearance on ABC News Breakfast. The show has a finality to it. Please rethink this decision. No room for banter and affection between colleagues? Series will not be the same with Craig mclachlan gone, Very disappointed. Pointless! The show will fail w/o him and I for one wont watch it. No ones background can stand up to the intense scrutiny that his has. An investigation was carried out into this particular show and Craig Mccoughlan was cleared of any wrong doing. The Herald Sun is reportingthat housekeeper Jean Beazley, played by Nadine Garner, will play a more central role to compensate for the loss of McLachlan. Entertainment; TV & Radio; The ABC confirms that the movie-length finale of The Doctor Blake Mysteries begins filming in August. Wishing you all the very best! McLachlan: Did you see my nipples getting hard? anyone these and tarnish the person The [owers that be can no be so as to take such a great show of the air because of some -. I immediately sensed discomfort from actors required to be in close quarters with him. You all know what I mean. McLachlan!! Craig McLachlan was so terrific. The reporter has been[Edited under Mumbrellas comment moderation policy] . Ana Brenda Contreras role was passed over to Daniella Alonso in 2019. If the allegations are true, hes got to go. Flaunt, tease then you get what you ask for. Murdoch Mysteries S16 E01. Thank you thank you to everyone on this site $1.99. So happy to hear they will go forward, but very, very sad that they are punishing Craig. It was deemed innocuous that Benny Hill type jokes between cast members being told each other during the filming of Dr. Blake. His portrayal of Lucien Blake was magnificent. I have never been to Australia. It follows the titular character, Doctor Lucien Blake, who after an absence of nearly 30 years, comes back to his hometown Ballarat, located in the north-west corner of Melbourne, during the 1950s. Nadine Garner spills on her return to The Blake Mysteries . Show Details: Start date: Feb 2013. Stand together, refuse to do the new episodes without Craig and give the viewers want they want. Id stay up just to watch the show! He also pats his male counterparts on the back and the arm just as much as he does the females. Its terrible and they ruin the reputation of many men on false accusations. 3 The Call of the Void. I hope they think again and bring him back but I understand that viewers do not really have much say in how the tv companies work. 9/24/17. what is happening to this world!!! I dont know how young men date today. What once a fantastic show just went downhill. doing well but he is really missed! Mary S. Loops, I am with you. Not always better, just different enough to be enjoyable. Im so glad I never had kids that will have to grow up in this so called world that we live in these days. $1.99. I also cant fathom a replacement for Craig McLachlan working for the series, so I hope that isnt a viable option. The Doctor Blake Mysteries is set to return to the small screen without Craig McLachlan. sexual harassment charges have gone overboard for all the wrong reasons. Dredging crews uncover waste in seemingly clear waterways, In a city with a housing crisis, neighbours object to social housing, 'I don't have any money': Blind 98-year-old woman thought she'd have to sell her couch to pay Robodebt bill, How HECS debts became 'yet another way women have to fight' to gain parity with men, Tom Sizemore, Saving Private Ryan actor, dies aged 61, 'Heartbroken': Matildas midfielder suffers serious injury ahead of World Cup, NRL live: Bulldogs begin new era in clash with reborn Sea Eagles. So Bring Him Back! If Craig McLachlan is gone then what will the name of the show be now as there is NO Dr.Blake and Jean gets screwed yet again. I am over it and I want this show back!!! Wright recalls that, through Blake's life at the ABC, "every year, except for one, it was a battle to get it renewed. I agree with sharon that Craig Mc. Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. And misconduct by him as spoken In either event, they are to the best of my knowledge utterly and entirely false.". It was ages before it was finally acknowledged that as they were both disabled, they could NOT have acted as she charged. The fact that credible research shows that the rates of knowingly false sexual assault allegations made by women is between 3%-8% of course is generally not taken into account. If Mr. McLachlan is not once more leading the cast then add me to the growing number of people who wont be watching the show. Were working to restore it. You have to reconsider dropping McLachlan from the show before we get to see and enjoy this couples love and happiness . This was not as scripted or directed.". Shame on you for accusing innocent people I possibly will no longer be watching the Doctor Blake Mysteries as Lucien was the main character and this program will NOT be the same without him and I wish Craig all the very best in the months to come. YES .. When I would watch Dr. Blake I would never want the episode to end. I am truly sorry for craig mclachlan being dumped from sevens dr blake mysteries. Please bring him back. Were sorry, this feature is currently unavailable. In the end, there will be no winners. She felt that McLachlan would have known that she felt very uncomfortable and seemed to be enjoying that fact. Then contact the 13 year old girl who the President [Edited under Mumbrellas comment moderation policy] She was [Edited under Mumbrellas comment moderation policy]. Now, he engages in solving multiple unresolved cases while dealing with the changes that affect him both personally and professionally. We hope that Craig is fully cleared and rejoins the show. Pretty damned gutless. Death in Paradise has been successful in replacing lead detectives. This Me Too movement has begun to make me sick. There is no reason for Craig to be blacklisted except fear or retaliation. The USA is not unique in this attitude. Im very disappointed and wont be watching the new telemovies if they dont bring Craig back. Definitely not the same. I sure hate that he will not be on the show, it just want seem right, it want be the same Ill probably not watch it, I really enjoyed this programs. They have some responsibility. I have just watched a new episode and its really not the same its ok i feel that jean is a strong character. Shame on you. I dont know who the writer(s) was if all of the Dr. Blake show but I would make a substantial wager that its not the same writer. I totally agree with previous comments. I saw the Rocky Horror show in which mr m was the star. actor touches women. Totally agree Cheryl. I know of no one who is a mature adult that believes that the movement is helpful in its present form. Am glad to hear you think he wont be killed off hope youre right. When I was in college I met three women whos baby daddies were in prison for violent crimes. New & Used (5) from $68.97 + $3.99 shipping. Too expensive a risk. Rose Lenore had never spoken to her father since she was five years old. It is called Dr Blake Mysteries after all and it wont work without Dr Blake. Having returned from Singapore after meeting his daughter, Doctor Lucien Blake is unable to solve any of the most difficult crimes he has ever committed when he returns to Ballarat. You can also 'Read More' to view our Cookie Policy and learn how to control them. Omg Just ridiculous how dare Channel 7 convict Craig like this they really have to answer the question why they have dropped him from the show as he hasnt been convicted of anything and by the looks of things he wont. BRING BACK DR BLAKE !!!! Cant find anything about that but came across this awful story. But it does feel like a different show.". He is excellent. Is news coverage a safe environment for advertisers? I have never had to suck up to a man to get ahead and nor should I if you have to do that then maybe your just not fit for the job or maybe its the man in the wrong for expecting you too! And NObody else can play that part like he does- hes perfect for it and the character! Want to end someones career? I have just the watched 1st Episode of the Blake Mysterious and I am sorry to say I do not think I will be watching anymore. I agree with some of the previous post these men are being treated as guilty even when they have been proven as innocent. He has been involved in film, television, the music industry and music theatre for over 30 years. Trial by media has ruined many lives. can potentially be Fake new like we By pulling any one character out, the whole production collapses. It was always well written & well acted. The absence of McLachlan has been a source of frustration for Adams in developing the plot. AND BRING HIM BACK AS SOON AS YOU START PRODUCTION AGAIN!!!!!!!!! Same here I agree with you, Joanna. He made the show what it is and without him it is not worth watching. Totally agree with all comments. ! Few dramas can claim such a colourful past. These accusations smack of retaliatory behavior. I wont watch it without Craig? So few programs that are even Although Nadine Garner is outstanding but it will never be the same! Peace and reconciliation measures have overcome much more dire happenings elsewhere, so why not a reconciliation of sorts here. Hopefully, they wont kill Dr. Blake off but instead, perhaps, send him off on some training or teaching or investigative assignment or something like that for a few months. Its production base is still the Port Melbourne complex that houses the substantial, lovingly detailed set for the Blake home. Touring the world with friends one mile and pub at a time; southlake carroll basketball. When Blake investigates the murder of an exotic young gypsy woman on the edge of Ballarat, troubling secrets bubble to the surface. However good Nadine Garner is, I doubt it will fly without Craig. Get over yourselves & grow up. I wish men could get a fair shake! The show was said to have a Benny Hill type culture. PUT THE SHOW BACK ON. I love Dr. Blakes mysteries a lot. Who is the lead actress in the Blake Mysteries? I am almost devastated. Will Craig McLachlan return to Blake Mysteries 2021? It will probably end this mans career, even though the investigation found no wrong doing. Men think theyre entitled to womens bodies and cry that its unfair when we say no. If found guilty, theyd be slammed if they had put Craig in. Doctor and police surgeon Lucien Blake returns with mysteries on every front from the boxing ring to the vineyards of Victoria, from Gypsy camps to the Debutants Ball. In the show, Dr. Blake is shown to be a very kind and caring husband, and he is always there for his wife when she needs him. That is an important number for the networks. Ive lived in the age of men and their questionable comments or habits but short of RAPE or TOTAL mistreatment as I said in the beginning ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. The program without him is no program. Especially Dr. Blake (Craig McLachlan). My impression is McLachlan countercharged them with a defamation suit. The latter never being reported in the press, thank goodness. The Brits and the few Aussie offerings I have seen, over the years, were like American stuff, but a different tack. Dr. Blakes ability to solve crimes, along with his relationship with Jean, played by Nadine Garner, forms the backbone of the show and the reason fans watch and support the show. $1.99. Those in the media profiting off this should either donate ALL the speaking fees to the cause or just be quiet. . I wont. Will you do the same? I really dont see how the show can go on and keep its greatness without Craigs character . hope it utterly fails and every woman [Edited under Mumbrellas comment moderation policy]. He has suffered trial by media. And yes, while most accusations may have an element of truth, waiting years and then trying to destroy another human being is wrong. It is pretty obvious [Edited under Mumbrellas comment moderation policy], They get married on the last episode of season 5. Get Craig McLachlan back. name for good ! . This study is based on analysis of viewing data of British broadcasters from BARB, an industry body that measures who, where and how people are watching TV. All one has to do is make an allegation and they are automatically believed. Dr. Blake is later released from prison as it is proven that Dr. Blake is a victim of a conspiracy. Totally agree. Is Superintendent Matthew Lawson and SS Charlie Davis going to train her? Death in Paradise. Since Craig Mclachlan was found innocent of the charges against him he should not have been fired from the Dr. Blake Mystery Series. Stop wasting everybodys and your time with this silliness and get your money maker back = Im glad the telemovie ended happily with the wedding and honeymoon. How could possibly go on with Dr. Blake? Send the man to behavior modification school and make it clear he has to change. I am curious. Ditto that Brenda Hale. Dont let Craig fall into oblivion, dont let the character fall into oblivion as well. I loved this show also but will not watch it again without Craig. I am saddened that Dr Blake wont be there. He is best known for appearing in the soap operas Neighbours and Home and Away and the BBC One spy drama Bugs.He has portrayed the title character in The Doctor Blake Mysteries, for which he was . Our hearts are broke, we have been waiting for Dr. Blake to come back , and now because of some [Edited under Mumbrellas comment moderation policy] , you have done this, shame, shame, shame on you. Cases like these harm women. People have different boundaries and what might seem fine to one, might feel invasive to another, especially on a stage setting. If you dont like the treatment or environment then just leave and stand ypur ground. Totally gutless to take off the main reason we watch this show because of some [edited under Mumbrellas comment moderation policy]. I loved watching him. What is Seven thinking by not bringing back THE doctor? Cate Wolfe stars as Matilda Mattie OBrien,Joel Tobeck as Chief Superintendent Matthew Lawson,Rick Donald as Constable Daniel Parks,Sara Gleeson as Joy McDonald,Charlie Cousins as Constable Charlie Davis,Belinda McClory as Alice Harvey,John Wood as Patrick Tyneman,Craig Hall as Chief Supt William Munro,John Stanton as Douglas Ashby,Neil Pigot as Major Derek Alderton,David Whiteley as Sergeant Bill Hobart,Ian Rooney as Cec Drury,Lee Beckhurst as Edward Tyneman,Rodger Corser as Chief Supt Frank Carlyle,Anna McGahan as Rose Anderson, andLing-Hsueh Tang as Mei Lin Blake. I certainly hope Craigs character is reconsidered. If there isnt evidence then it is outrageous that he has been let go. I have watched every show. If Greg McLaughlin is not rehired the show will suffer greatly. If Dr Blake isnt in the show, it makes NO sense and probably should not go on, even if I like Something is very very wrong. It will not be the same without him. Australian actor, musician, singer and composer, Craig McLachlan stars as the protagonist Doctor Lucien Blake. and when I started watching Dr. Blake Mysteries, I thought that it was and is a fantastic show. I feel the decision was a knee-jerk one, and not backed up by discovery and judicial ruling. Dr. Blake is so loving and gentle on this show. The Doctor Blake Mysteries were a five-season ABC show that was cancelled in 2017. I will miss this ongoing saga. Blake and McLachlan in the role. Screen Australia's head of production Sally Caplan said in a statement it was important to fund the continuation of the franchise due to the prospect of sudden job losses for local actors and production staff. Now they have kind of left it open as they dont know for sure that hes dead so do you think they have left it open for him to return? What happened to what we were brought up to do and say. I know the mind of young women very well- sneaky, deceptive[ give me what I want; look at me because I am sexy and on and on and on. And now I have to lose DOC. He spends every free moment he has searching for her, and he never gives up hope that he will find her. I will not continue to watcg. I loved the show with doctor as the lead,very disappointing he is not apart of show Loved this show so much and the other great Aussie one set in the fifties A Place to call home and in fact thought they should have both been shown on prime time, and not weekly afternoons when lot of people are at work! I dont think I will continue. The show will not be the same Craig Mclachlan. Love this show.watching the last season of it now.that will be my last without main character. Set in 1959, after decades away from his native Australia, Blake returns to his rural hometown to run his late father's medical practice. The document released this week by the Supreme Court isthe ABC's defence to Mr McLachlan's defamation claim. In this case we are talking about adult women waiting years. And then, when they are called out on their conduct they call us liars and accuse us of disclosing their abominable conduct in order to get attention. All this is very disturbing. I pay my subscription to Brit Box and Prime and they . wont succeed without Craig. Thats what they did with two main charactors off Coronation Street &a guess what they were found NOT GUILTY These women should really think of the implications when they start to accuse somebody. I will miss it, however, I will give the new show a chance. 5 seasons that center around a main character is not something you can just succeed in changing and explain away. In the show, Dr. Blake is shown to be a very kind and caring husband, and he is always there for his wife when she needs him. But in the same right if there is truth in allegations then that has to be worked out. Hope its not like the 1920 Chicago White Socks scandal when the saying was Say it aint so Joe. Your fans need you. He has not been convicted of anything by the courts and has been cleared of misconduct on the set of Dr Blake. I think you are making a terrible mistake by letting him go. Please look upon his situation as having been a miss carriage of justice and reinstate him,I know all his followers are missing him from the show. Id like to see Craig return to the show as an act of strength to stand up against this politically correct nonsense that now dominates out media, particularly the male-haters at the ABC and SBS. I predict this new series will fall flat and will never recover the audience it once enjoyed. Dr. Blake and Mrs. Beasley are central to the storyline. We have become a society where our ears have become SO sensitive to EVERYTHING said that humor is being lost, common sense has totally gone out the window and shortly in an already barren landscape there WILL BE NOTHING to watch because someone will always be offended. Is he the only guy in Australia to commit these offences???? Actresses seem to think that this has never happened but what about that infamous Casting couch? Craig McLachlan has been dropped from Seven's upcoming Doctor Blake Mysteries series, which is set to go ahead without the lead role of Doctor Lucien Blake . Kyle Rittenhouse was acquitted on two counts of first-degree murder and one count of attempted first-degree murder after being accused of killing two men and wounding another during the unrest that followed the police shooting of a black man. Ive always liked Jean a lot. I went on line to find out what happened to the police superintendent. I too am disappointed that the lead actor who made the show what it is. So they took it off. Who has [Edited under Mumbrellas comment moderation policy] How many lives have been ruined? The show is an Australian icon. I wont be watching as CM is the reason l watch. 2021. How can the namesake not be present?
Dell D6000 Vs D6000s Difference, Tornado Warning Fredericksburg, Va Today, Prayer Times Manchester, Uk, Articles W